Announcing the Vincente Minnelli Blogathon!

Announcing the Vincente Minnelli Blogathon! - Hello loyal readers Hollywood Star Hollywood Radar, In this article, you are currently reading under the title Announcing the Vincente Minnelli Blogathon!, We have prepared this article well for you to read and take advantage of the information contained in the article. Hopefully this information Article Old Movie, this one you can understand. Okay, happy reading !

Point : Announcing the Vincente Minnelli Blogathon!
Url link : Announcing the Vincente Minnelli Blogathon!
A genius filmmaker, Vincente Minnelli created some of cinema's most amazing images, as well as some of its greatest works: Meet Me in St. Louis, An American in Paris, The Bad and the Beautiful, Father of the Bride, The Band Wagon, the list goes on! So, in honor of Mr. Minnelli, I wanted to host my very first blogathon, which will be a tribute to the director and will take place on Dec. 16-18, 2016. Why these dates? Well, I originally thought of doing this on Minnelli's 114th birthday in February, but I decided I couldn't wait that long because I'm an impatient child. December was a touch closer and works with my current schedule, plus December 18th happens to be the 58th anniversary of the premiere of Some Came Running, so there's my official excuse. On to the rules!

The rules:
You can write about any of Minnelli's films, or really anything else related to him, such as his relationship with Judy Garland, his stage work before he came to Hollywood, his work on segments in Ziegfeld Follies, Lovely to Look at, or The Story of Three Loves -- anything! I also won't limit how many posts you want to do. The more the merrier, honestly. (Of course, don't be a hog and take up a bunch of Minnelli films before someone else can even pick one.)

Also, I'd prefer no duplicates. Minnelli has a good-sized filmography and since I'm not restricting what you want to talk about, I think it's a fair rule. That being said, if you want to talk about Brigadoon but someone already took it, you could focus on Minnelli's musicals in general or maybe his work with Gene Kelly or Cyd Charisse. I would even accept an in-depth look at one of the numbers, like "Heather on the Hill." Just ask me and I'll try to help. (And yes, I went ahead and claimed Brigadoon. It's a perk of hosting.)

You can post on any of the three days of the blogathon, or you can post early! I'm a big fan of submitting my posts a day before a blogathon, but that's just me. I only ask that you be sure to send me your link and I'll try to post it as soon as possible.

My final rule: please, please, please spell Vincente Minnelli's name correctly. Nothing drives me more crazy than somebody misspelling a name. Thank you.

If you'd like to participate, and I certainly hope you do, please leave me a comment below with your blog name and URL and your choice! (You can see a list of Minnelli's films here, if need be.) Then pick one of my crudely made banners, put it on your blog, and I'll see you in December!

List of Participants:
Love Letters to Old Hollywood | Brigadoon (1954)
Phyllis Loves Classic Movies | The Clock (1945)
Christina Wehner | Madame Bovary (1949)
The Wonderful World of Cinema | Father of the Bride (1950)
Serendipitous Anachronisms | Meet Me in St. Louis (1944)
Back to Golden Days | Some Came Running (1958)
In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood | Lust for Life (1956) and the marriage of Minnelli and Judy Garland
Champagne for Lunch | Judy Garland's sequences in Till the Clouds Roll By (1946); Lena Horne's numbers in I Dood It (1943) and Panama Hattie (1942)
Old Hollywood Films | An American in Paris (1951)
Crítica Retrô | The Pirate (1948)
LA Explorer | Bells are Ringing (1960)
Caftan Woman | The Reluctant Debutante (1958)
Realweegiemidget Reviews | Father's Little Dividend (1951)
Cinema Cities | The Courtship of Eddie's Father (1963)
Musings of a Classic Film Addict | The Sandpiper (1965)
Silver Screenings | Cabin in the Sky (1943)
Cary Grant Won't Eat You | Designing Woman (1957)
Crimson Kimono | On a Clear Day You Can See Forever (1970)
The Flaming Nose TV Blog | The Long, Long Trailer (1954)
Pillow Shots | The Band Wagon (1953)








So this simple article Announcing the Vincente Minnelli Blogathon!
About something Announcing the Vincente Minnelli Blogathon! this time, hopefully can give information for you all. okay, see you in other article posting.

You are now reading the article Announcing the Vincente Minnelli Blogathon! with the url address https://allabouthollywoodstar.blogspot.com/2016/09/announcing-vincente-minnelli-blogathon.html

Read also :


Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »